- A multitude of own websites dealing with a different types of merchandize (kitchen appliances, TVs, cameras and so on)
- Plenty of competitors (100+)
- Hundreds of new products getting included in the client’s offer on a weekly basis
- A single product’s price may change several times a day
- Constant stock changes on competitor sites
- Constant need for matching new products
- Need to monitor shipping costs, promotional price and cashbacks (apart from regular product price)
- Given the large number of products, automated price changes need to be done on the client’s sites
Automated product matching (Automatch) – since there were 10 000s of SKUs to be monitored, manual product matching would have turned out to be way too expensive / time-consuming. Given that products were matchable by SKUs and EANs, Automated product matching was just the right choice.
- Price2Spy Premium account was needed for several reasons:
- New products to be monitored (the ones newly included in the offer) are added to Price2Spy via Price2Spy API (which is only available with a Premium account). API is also there to enable ‘Repricing’ – automated price changes according to the previously set rules
- Premium price plans give a possibility to capture additional product fields (shipping costs, cashbacks and so on)
- Price checks to be performed more than ones a day (with a Premium account, price checks can be performed up to 8 times a day)
- Automatch – continual product matching both for new products (added via the API) and the ones that did not have matches in previous rounds. That is how we made sure that the automated matching process is performed on a daily basis and no matching products on competitor sites are missing at any time. However, due to the constant changes on competitor sites (more than 100 of them), a periodical manual check has been introduced in order to detect necessary changes in the Automatch procedures.