Shopware – integrating with Price2Spy
Steps to be performed on Shopware side
- In Shopware back-end click on Configuration > User administration
- In left menu click on: List of roles ; then button Add role
- Fill in data in Name (for example: price2spy-integration-role) and Description (eg. Role for Price2Spy integration) and click Update button, Shopware will ask for your password, fill in the password (see image 3a) and click OK.In left menu click on Edit roles & permissions, in window top menu select role created in 3)
- Tick category > read permission and all article permissions (tick ‘folder’ article) and click Assign the selected privileges for the selected role button, Shopware will ask for your password, fill in the password and click ok (See image 5a).
- In left menu click on List of users, in window top menu click Add user button.
- In Login section:
Fill in User name (for example: price2spy) – you will need it further on, tick Enabled, fill in password (for new user) and re-type, tick Enabled
In API access section:
Tick Enabled, Please copy API KEY -you will also need it further on
In Main data section:
Fill in Real name (eg: Price2Spy user)and E-mail address (eg: your email), select Role defined in 3) in Member of role drop-down menu.
- Shopware will ask for your password, fill in the password and click OK.
Steps to be performed on Price2Spy side
Please login to your Price2Spy account and do the following
- Click Misc => Link My Store
- Click Shopware icon, and then Next button
Fill in store details
- Store URL and API URL are the same as your store url (http://www.mystore.com)
- Username and API Key – as defined in step 6) above
- Click Next
- Optionally, select categories you wish to link and check count of products, or leave it blank and click Next
- Name your operation (for example Shopware | LINK)
- Define execution frequency (default = 1 day)
- Choose whether you want to be notified by email on each operation execution (default = OFF)
- Check ‘Do it now‘ if you want the products to be copied immediately (otherwise, the operation will be done according to the daily schedule)
- Define price check frequency (of the products created via Link My Store Operation). Click Finish. Once your products have been linked from Shopware, you’ll see them in your Price2Spy account
- Network / Firewall issues
- In many cases, we experience that client’s Web server is behind a firewall, which will block our requests. Therefore, please make sure that you have done the following whitelisting changes to your firewall
- Whitelist Price2Spy IPs (please ask email@example.com for the list of IPs we use)
- Whitelist specific countries: please white list Serbia and The Netherlands (Holland)
- Whitelist user-agent: ReactorNetty
- Request rates
- If your store contains a large number of products, Price2Spy will have to make a large number of requests to your Web server in order to perform the syncing.
- If a large number of requests is problematic for your Web server – please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we will spread the requests over a longer period of time
- In case you’re not sure where to apply the above firewall changes, please get in touch with your hosting company. If you’re unsure whom to contact, please let us know, we’ll be happy to point you in the right direction.
- All product-related columns (product name, SKU, internal ID, custom fields, metadata, brand, supplier, and category) can have 250 characters max