Automotive industry - making your way amongst 10 000s of SKUs
- Large number of SKUs (can even be hundreds of thousands)
- On the other hand, MPNs (part numbers) are highly standardized and all relevant sites do use them – making it a good Automatch case (with over 99.5% match accuracy)
- Websites in this industry are investing heavily into blocking bot traffic
- Price changes happen so often that in most cases capturing the product price once per day is not enough
- Some of the monitored sites show reduced product price in cart, or show different shipping costs based on client’s ZIP code.
BEST PRACTICES AND SOLUTIONS
API integration is a necessity if you have a large number of SKU’s you’d like price monitored. The process goes the following way: client’s software initiates the process by inserting new products into Price2Spy. Price2Spy then performs Automatch (finds matches on competitor sites), and feeds fresh pricing data back to the client’s software)
Use the dashboard to see what is currently happening on the market. The pricing dashboard consists of many widgets (reports) showing different kinds of data, so that you can find everything that you need in one place.
Due to a large number of SKUs, usually no price change alerts are used. Instead of sending too many alert mails, we offer our clients to rely on automated reports such as Price Matrix (either full Price Matrix, or just the prices changed in the last 24 hours).
Use Pricing Strategy module to identify products with pricing opportunities – it will result in a clear and actionable list of products and suggested price changes. Can be automated if client desires so.
MAP (Minimal Advertised Price)
MAP (minimal advertised price) violation tool is used in order to spot competitors who are playing against the rules. Some of our key clients from this industry have configured Price2Spy to warn them only when MAP violations occur.
Custom reports / exports
Price2Spy has the ability to export data in any format our client requires. Can be delivered by email, (SFTP) or any other custom method.