Construction industry - Challenges to which Price2Spy successfully responds
- Usually, we’re dealing with products that do have MPN (manufacturer part number), but the websites we’re trying to monitor either do not make good use of these, or use them inconsistently
- The construction industry is often characterized by very versatile requirements, making it very difficult to identify what we’d call a ‘typical client’
- Certain construction materials are being sold in different quantities across the industry so it’s hard to compare the prices.
- White label products that can be found in the construction industry can be tricky to match, as they don’t have the same identifiers and they are not associated with the same brand.
- Frequent assortment changes
BEST PRACTICES AND SOLUTIONS
If there are standardized part numbers, we go for Automatch. Automatch will keep trying until it finds the matching products. Therefore, when a new product gets added to a competitor’s site, Automatch will pick it up, and add it to your Price2Spy account.
Some cases can’t be covered by Automatch, especially white label products, so there is a need for manual product matching. Our manual product matching team can help you with this daunting task. All that we’d need from you is a list of products you would like added to Price2Spy, followed by a list of your competitors. After that, your Price2Spy account will be set up.
In order to make sure we’re comparing the prices of the exact same quantities, we can enable price multipliers which give you a chance to multiply or divide the displayed prices, so that you’re comparing the same product packs.